Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Yard work and more Yard work!!

Jon and I have been working hard in the backyard all summer. We put bricks around our cherry tree first, and put bark inside. Doesn't it look nice. Then we put bark and smaller bricks back by the shed....which you really can't see in this photo sorry.

Then we got a new fence and enlarged our backyard by enclosing the side yard that was a waste of space. We needed to put sod down but first we needed to level it out and so we brought into some top soil. Darby however thought this was a treat for her.... she laid there for the better part of the day until we started making the mound cave in on her.


Here we go... new sod. HOORAY!! Jon and I laid it ourselves. Then we put the first ring around the pine tree of bricks....the first row is the killer to get level it took us a long time. But it is worth it cause it looks good and the dogs have stopped tracking dirt into my house.

You can't see it well but we put gravel on the side of the house to pull the jimmy into or the truck but of course Missy's Honda will always have a place in the garage..ha ha!!
Out front I have been working on my flower garden. It has really taken off. It's been a lot of work but it pays off when the neighbors notice. I hate weeding however....

These yellow/orange flowers are my favorite. They just popped up one day I wasn't sure what they were going to look like when I planted them but next year I am going to plant more of them.After a lot of work Darby and Missy take a nap under the covers together. Well Darby was sleeping until Jon thought it was funny and woke her up by taking a picture. But don't worry I Missy stayed asleep.

1 comment:

Madsen Family said...

Jon and Michelle--Your yard looks gorgeous. Now I am sad we didn't see it when we were there. I had NO idea how much work you put into it. I love the flowers in the front, Michelle. You'll have to tell me what you planted. Nice work, guys! You both deserve LOTS of naps for that effort:)