Thursday, February 12, 2009

A day at the beach in Galveston

A couple of Saturdays ago we went down to Galveston and had a day at the beach.
It was a little bit cold but not too bad, it felt nice to have the sun on our faces and enjoy our little family.



Here we are getting some sun!

I wasn't ready for Nixon to experience the sand just yet. Everything goes in this boys mouth and sand is not before solid food on my list!

Trevor and Holly and her boys were there too along with Trevor's dad and mom. We had lunch and flew kites... it was a lot of fun!

Jon of course had to borrow Garrett's kite and see just how far out there he could get it, we took turns rolling it in because it took forever!!

We just drove right onto the beach it was kinda crazy. Jon and I even drove over a little river, I though for sure we were going to sink in the sand.

Nixon getting the feel of cold, salty water with his dad!

The water was a bit chilly for me and Nixon but the big boys had fun finding cool shells!

Here we are just driving on the beach... crazy huh!

Abandoned houses that are really damaged from the storm. You could see inside some of them because the walls were gone on sides of the houses.

Here are some random pictures of our little "stinker." He is so smiley I love it! He was wearing my brothers old MC Green shirt the other day and looked so cute.... my grandpa would smile to see him in it!

Snuggling with Daddy in the morning!

Those cute cubby legs... I love them!

Nixon and Gauge are really getting to like each other. It's super cute! Although everything that is Nixon's the dogs think they should have too. Especially toys and blankets. Whenever I put a blanket down for Nixon to play on the dogs immediately come over and lay down... it's funny ... for the first few times!

Just chillin' together!

1 comment:

Brook said...

Nixon is so handsome!! He got big fast too, I hope you guys are liking your new home! I'm sure it is warming than Washington.