Friday, May 30, 2008

Camping for Memorial Day!

Jon and I went camping this last weekend over Memorial Day up at Ferragut State Park in Athol, Idaho! There was lots of people from our ward there and from other wards too. We mainly camped with our friends Trevor and Holly and their boys and Trevor's parents, Jim and Carol.
We had pretty good weather actually, just a little rain on Saturday! This is our camp site! I know it's kinda dark but this is when it was raining!

This is Jon making dinner in the rain! Thank goodness for Trevor's canopy, to keep us a little dry!

Of course camping means chopping lots of wood, so Jon sharpened his ax and hatchet.

This is Garrett Trevor's oldest, riding around on his bike!!

This is Mason, Trevor's youngest downing the booz... ok ok it's just IBC root beer, but it looks so funny!

The kids loved riding around on the motorcycle. This is Porter and Mason waiting for a ride!

Gauge enjoyed relaxing in the sunshine!

Darby enjoyed sticking her head in mole holes and trying to get them to come out and play!
We had a really good time, although I was happy to make it home to my own bed after three nights in a tent!!
I planted my flower garden this week too. It took me all day on Wednesday! I didn't realize how being pregnant made it much more difficult to plant, if only he could ride on my back for a little while. Then I could really get down and up much easier!

This is the beginning, hopefully I read the plants right and they all need lots of sun! Jon got me this new curb too around my flower bed, nice huh! I love it!!

This is my mother's day gift from my mom, a hanging plant. It's beautiful!! I hope I don't kill it!
After planting all day, I need to rest for two days and take lots of naps!

3 comments:

Lisa Farman said...

Looks like a fun camping trip!

I love the flowers, I can't wait until we get the flowers in our yard. First we have to put a yard in the back. Don't you love home improvement projects!

Ryan and Angela said...

I guess I haven't checked you blog for a while. You sure have been busy. I love you home improvements. They look great.

The Lovinger's said...

It was fun going to the cabin and hanging out with you guys a few weeks ago. I posted pictures and stuff on my blog if you want any of those. See you guys in August!