Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Fourth of July and Softball Games!

Wow back a MONTH ago on the fourth of July. We went swimming and had a BBQ at Emily's. We were all in our Red, White, and Blue so we decided to take a little family photo.
I think this one is my favorite.

Nixon and Daddy!

Nixon and Momma!

That cute tongue!

Nixon loves to play "steal the binki" with Jon.

That night Jessy watched Nixon while we went to the Indians Baseball game.

With our friends Jeff and Natalie.

Yeah Baseball... it was HOT but a lot of fun. Too bad we lost!

There was a firework show after the game.

It was short and sweet... perfect!

This summer Jon has been playing on THREE, yes THREE softball teams. So Nixon and I have been doing a lot of fan cheering and game watching.

No this is not Jon hitting... but Cam is catching.

Nixon was so good at the games, but I did have to watch that he didn't eat anything off the grass. Yuck!

This is the Sluggish Sluggers Team.

And of course there was injuries. On the LAST game of season Jon slid into home and got this nice bloody mess. Although he was SAFE and it was a HOME RUN!!! So it was worth it, right?
One week in July Jon played 9, yes 9 games in ONE week. Wow we were at a lot of games that week. We missed only two though.. I was proud of us!
It is something Jon loves to do and really we love to watch. Nixon already plays catch with us, I think because he has watched it all summer long!

2 comments:

Kiersten Allred said...

Nixon is looking so grown up! Hope everything is going wonderfully for you! Thank you for the adorable booties and hat.

Sarah said...

Loving the family pictures! Super cute! I also don't know if I told you this already but I love your short hair! However I still do a double take with you as a brunette! In my mind you are still a blonde! :) Fun to see you on your last trip!