Sunday, November 01, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

It's that time again where we go up to the Grandparents house and carve a bunch of pumpkins. We love this tradition and I think it's a lot of fun as a family. This year was a bit different as I had to keep an eye on Nixon who wanted to explore and be a big boy. And as you will tell I took a lot of random pictures of Nixon at this event. Jon is a good pumpkin carver so I let him be the carver and I was the watcher this year, just the way I like it.

Here is Jon's skeleton face... It looks awesome!!

Nixon liked the big pile of pumpkins in the garage. He went from one to another checking them ALL out.

The best is when he tried to pick them up, he would do a big grunt and his face would go all red. It was adorable and of course I missed it on the camera... but you can imagine it:)

Here is Jon carving his second pumpkin.

While I was inside making our homemade pizza ( a tradition on carving night) Nixon found himself a sweet onion and carried it around the house. I found him in the bedroom trying to EAT the onion... yuck! You would think I starve the boy of all his vegetables or something.

This is Nixon's FAMOUS way of telling you he needs help. The little hand gesture is adorable and he uses it ALL day long of course. But I caught it on camera... he needs help down the stairs like a big boy.

Cute face ... oh man he looks so big in this picture.

Here Nixon is sitting on the pumpkins, he tried them all out and they were ALL HARD of course.

The skeleton face again...

Cameron and Rachelle with their pumpkins on the porch.

The second pumpkin, a fire face.

No comments: