Sunday, January 09, 2011

Thanksgiving and Sadie's Blessing!


For Thanksgiving we had all the family in town so we decided it would be a good time to bless Sadie as well. That meant MORE family:) My sister and her three girls came and also my dad and step mom. It was so fun to have them stay with us and be there for Sadie's special day. My sister was excited to meet little Sadie Sue.
Each girl took a turn holding Sadie and meeting her for the first time.
Sadie and Lilly

Nixon was super excited to see Bella who he loves but he was MOST excited because they brought their dog, Coca... Nixon was in heaven.

Sadie and Hailey

Izabelle and Sadie

Katie cleaned out her toys before she came and brought Nixon some fun new toys. He got his very own computer...now he can stop pretending to play with mine:)

Katie gave Sadie a bath.

Sadie is liking them more and more...thank goodness I always hate when they cry in the bath.

Thanksgiving dinner was at Mark and Karen's with all of us. Ryan and Jon carved the turkey's.

Granny made gravy and potatoes and rolls...she was amazing.

Katie and Izabelle

The kids table.

The adult table

It was kinda fun to have a lot of people there, makes it a great Thanksgiving.

Jon and Sadie on her special day



Our cute little family.

All the men who were in the circle.
Josh, Kirt, Dad, Mark, Cameron, Jon, Jeff, Ryan and Jim.

Us with Dad and Linda

Us with Mark and Karen

Granny made Sadie's blessing blanket, she is so sweet and talented.

Jim and Marsha came up from Elmo, Utah.

Us with Katie and the girls.

The Utah travelers.

Just the siblings.

Us with Jeff, Natalie and Daxton.
It was an emotional day for me and I totally have crying eyes in most of these pictures...what a mess I was. After the blessing I took a picture of Jon and Jeff and I just lost it. Looking through the view finder I was reminded that when we blessed Nixon Jon's best friend Trevor was there, it hit me that he wasn't here for Sadie's blessings and the friend circle was disrupted. We miss him so much and I know it is hard for the all of us, but some days it is harder than others.

Grandma Linda with Sadie

When we got home I took some pictures of Sadie in her blessing outfit with her blessing blanket. Sadie is wearing the blessing dress that I wore when I got blessed, it was so fun to have my daughter in the same dress.



I got some smiles even.

This is my favorite, I actually got a little smile from her.

All the kids and Katie in Sadie's room, she is so cute how can you not want to hang out with her:)

Nana has a tradition to give all the grand kids Christmas pajamas on Thanksgiving and so we took a picture of the kiddo's in there fun new pj's.

Lilly and Sadie Sue

Nixon and Bella

Sadie and Katie.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Cute pictures! Love the blessing dress!