Thursday, July 03, 2008

ROAD TRIP!!

Well we went on a road trip this June over father's day. We even took the pups!
We headed down to my family's cabin in Mack's Inn, Idaho just about 20 minutes outside of West Yellowstone and right outside of Island Park. We met my Dad and step mom Linda there and my brother Tim and Chloe. It was a lot of fun!! Good trip to have before the baby comes. This is Gauge resting on our way out of town!
Tim and Chloe catching a fish in the boat! Our cabin in right on the Henry Fork river that flows into the Snake River. It is beautiful there and we have a lot of fun!

Me and the pups on the dock right outside the cabin!

Darby and Jon! What an amazing picture I took!

Jon and Darby watching the river and the people go by.

My brother Tim and his daughter Chloe on the four wheeler!

The dogs wrestling!

Gauge got cold from being in river, so he sat in the sun to warm up!

Here I am all prego and everything. I was about 31 weeks I think then!

Our friends that live in Rexburg Cam and Hillary came up on Saturday to visit us. We played horse shoes!! Kory came up too a little later.

I have a bit of a BOUNCE when I throw I think!! Ha Ha!

This looks like it's gonna be a ringer but I will tell the truth and say it was not!

Jon however got a ringer!!! He plays more than I do! Or at least that's what I am going to tell myself!

Then we took Cam and Hillary up to the Power Plant. This is a place where we use to come as kids and four wheel all around. It is really at the Power Plant there. We gave the boys a turn without the women holding on screaming at them to slow down!!

Then they could do jumps and stuff!

Then the women got a turn!!

Not so jumpy!!

We went up to Big Springs were the river starts. There is a big spring under ground that is filling the river with water. It just starts right there, crazy to think about.

Jon and I at Big Springs!

It's it beautiful!

This is Kory and I feeding the fish!! Hee Hee! They were all hiding under the bridge.

Jon and I!!

Cam, Kory and Jon amazingly all the same height???? Wait a second.....

The boyz!! This is the same spot they took a picture when they were here with 6 feet of snow.

This is back in March of 2007, same location but a bit different in scenery.
I thought this picture was funny of them watching Gauge under the dock!

Of course I have to brag about our amazing Gauge being an extremely good jumper!!


We went up to West Yellowstone to pick my dad up from airport so we decided to stay there and have dinner. Jon calls me Tubby all the time because of my big belly and there was a little bakery just for me!!

Here we are visiting the moose in Yellowstone!

Here is cute Chloe in her stylin' new hat!

Saturday night we had a bonfire out front. This is Cam and Jon tending to the fire!

Me and Hillary enjoying the fire!

We took an old canoe from the cabin and floated down the river. There was a spot a little drive away to put our canoe in. Jon was a trooper and pushed us a lot at first because it was so shallow, the river was SO cold Jon's feet were just frozen when he would get back in.

Here we are floating away! Me, Hillary and Cam!

The handsome couple!

Another handsome couple!

While floating down the river we could see the mountains with snow on them.... just last week it had snowed at the cabin even.

Jon relaxing on the canoe ride!

Cam was our guide along the river!

We took Cam and Hillary on a four wheeler ride.

Here we are on the four wheelers too at a bridge.

Here is Cam and Jon perched up on the bridge where we put the canoe in to go down the river.

Darby was so tired from a day of fun! She is so cute when she snuggles up!

Jon tried to take Gauge on a ride, he wasn't so sure about it.

Here I am fishing at this spot we saw on the four wheelers. You could just see all the big fish but not one bite. Jon got in with the net and tried to catch them after awhile it was frustrating. Stupid fish.... well smart fish probably!

Darby and I on the river, just watching everyone play!

Jon even got in the river with the dogs!!

They followed him around, it was cute!

Gauge was helping Jon fish!! Isn't this a cute picture!!

Family photo at the cabin!

After a four wheeler ride I was freakin' hot so I walked around in the river, it was a bit chilly but it felt nice!!

We got the motor to work and went up river to fish! Linda, Me and Jon! Linda was the first to catch a fish but it got away. I swear I caught two fish but they got away too!! Seriously!!

Jon was the only one that got a fish and brought it on board!! Hooray!! We named him Eddy!
We took Eddy back to the cabin and taught Jon how to gut the fish... it was fun to watch instead of do it!
It was about 10 inches long!

Then Linda filleted Eddy so we wouldn't have bones! However we didn't have a good knife so we used Jon's pocket knife..... don't worry he cleaned it after!

Then I prepared Eddy in eggs and crackers!

Then we ate poor Eddy!! YUMMY!! Fresh trout what is better than that!

Then it was Thursday and it was time to head back home to Spokane. We had to pack the truck up very carefully. Jon and I had measured it all out and made a graph of how everything was going to fit in the back. The crib next to the cab, then the changing table with our luggage on it, then the bassinet with shower gifts I couldn't fit in my suit case from Utah. It was packed tight but we only had to stop once to secure it. We even got the baby swing in there in Boise.... but that was later along our journey.

After the cabin we took the long way home and stopped first in Rexburg to see Cam and Hillary's place and then we all went to Idaho Falls to see Kory and Mel and their new little one Jaden! Kory treated us to lunch at his pizza joint, it was delicious!!! And had crushed ice.... what else can I ask for!

Next stop was in Boise to see Jon's brother Ryan and his family. We got in around dinner and stayed the night there before making it back home to Spokane. This is Ryan and Angela's kids! Cody, Kathleen and Brandon!

Darby and Gauge slept the whole way home!! They were so tired!!

2 comments:

The Lovinger's said...

Thanks for letting us come to hang out with you guys. It was so much fun and such a needed break from school! We are so excited to come up and see you guys in august. It is so weird to think that Nixon will be there when we go.

Kristy Carpenter said...

I love Island Park!!! I had forgotten that you had a cabin at Mack's Inn. I'm actually going to Island Park to my cabin on July 23!! So if you want to take another road trip to Mack's Inn we could have so much fun!!! PS - love the belly! You're so cute!