Thursday, July 03, 2008

Visitors and Baby Shower!



After our trip to my families cabin my brother came to Spokane to visit. We took him by the falls to see the roaring water!!
Tim and Jon on the bridge.

The reason Tim was in town was to see the CDA ironman. After seeing some regular joe's cross the finish line he signed up for it for next year, the crazy boy!!! Watching mad me want to never work out, they looked very tired.
We went up and saw some of it, it was incredible. Tim said there was 2300 people that started the race on the beach at the same time.... holy cow is all I have to say!

This is the winner crossing the finish line after swimming 2.4 miles and biking 112 miles and running 26.2 miles and he believe it or not he is still standing!!

He made it in 8 hours and 34 minutes. They start in the CDA lake at 6:30 in the morning, the cut off time for everyone is midnight that same day. So people take that long to do it......crazy huh!


After my brother was here my mom came to visit too. She helped me get Nixon's room ready, do baby laundry and organize my kitchen so I can fit bottles and baby supplies. While she was here my friend Holly threw me a baby shower. It was a lot of fun and I got very cute gifts!
My mom made Nixon this sock monkey, isn't it freakin' cute!

Then Nana also hand made this quilt, it has cute airplanes on it.

This is Heather, Holly and Carol at the shower.

Courtney and Grandma Spear.
You can see my stroller in the back ground with car seat ready to go, Jon's mom and sister gave us that. It is this really nice jogger stroller, we love it!

Trevor and Holly gave Jon some chocolate cigars!!
I marinated two racks of ribs for Sunday dinner the other week. Jon thought it looked like a lot of ribs so he took a picture!

1 comment:

Lisa Farman said...

You have been busy. Looks like you got a lot of great stuff at your baby shower. Again I am so sorry I couldn't make it, but I hope you enjoy the gift I gave you.

I love the cigars Jon got. Those are great!