Sunday, November 02, 2008

Happy Halloween!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Here is our little pea pod! Nixon didn't think it was all so fun though for very long, he wanted to get out and kick, kick, kick!
Here is Nixon thinking his parents are crazy!

On Halloween we always go up to Jon's grandparents (the same ones we carve pumpkins at ) and have chili and rolled tortillas. It is tradition and I must say its really nice! The chili this year was good I could have eaten five bowls but I don't think that would have been wise!


Don't worry shortly after we took him out of his super cute Halloween costume!

Jon and the dogs raking up leaves in the back yard. The dogs thought it was play time though and Jon had to rake them up a few times because the pups kept jumping into the pile. It was super funny to watch!

Saturday morning Jon built me a fire and I just relaxed in front of it all morning... I even took a little nap. It was so nice. Darby liked it too, I think she would have jumped in after the little sparks of fire if we weren't watching.

We love to go on walks with the pups and the stroller. Nixon always gets bundled up and I always have to take a picture cause it's so cute!

Nixon always ends up asleep too, which is sometimes the point!!

We went to a party last night and they of course had one of those games..."guess how many candy corns are in this jar." Jon told me to guess for him so I went over there and being the math lover that I am I of course counted the bottom candy corns and then the rows up. But don't be fooled the jar is not perfectly rectangular. So I fudged my numbers a bit and guessed 13 on the base and 15 rows up.. to get 195. There was 203 and Jon won!!! I love these games. There was a second jar that I guessed have 20 on the bottom and 7 rows up but not a full row on top because of the shape of the jar so I took a few off for my answer and guessed 135. Too bad Jon couldn't win both because the small jar did have 135 in it. I love it when I am so close... I would have figured out the circumference and then the area of the jar but I didn't have time for all that fun stuff so I had to guess. But it turned out very nice!!

10 comments:

Jandre said...

Oh my gosh, go to my friend renee's blog about halloween (the pendergrasses on my links) and scroll down, Micah and Nixon had the same halloween costume!!! How cute!

Madsen Family said...

Okay, so Nixon is the cutest pea pod that there ever was. Was there ever any doubt??? I love it! Happy Halloween. I'm jealous you got to go to Grandma's for the night. I sure could have used some chili and rolled tortillas to keep me nice and warm!

Malmstroms said...

Nixon looks SO cute! I am glad to read your comments, because I feared that maybe you made that adorable costume! You look so cute. When I grow up I want cute hair like you!

L Chang said...

What a cute costume! I think I was a baby leopard for my first Halloween. What were you, Michelle?

Abby said...

You always were a smarty pants!
Did you make that costume for Nixon? It's so cute!!!!

Kimba said...

Love his costume! And I missed a similar tradition that my family has, scones, beef stew, and chili. Sigh. :) To be home!

Also? I had no idea there was some mathematical way of figuring those kinds of things out. But that's from your B average math student...

Sarah said...

He's getting so big!! I can't wait for you guys to come visit so I can see that little guy that's becoming not so little! :) (BTW I mean Nixon...he he he) LOVE the costume too!

Jon and Michelle said...

Oh dear girls, there is NO way I made that costume. Please I don't have time to do things like that. I actually borrowed it to tell you the truth. I thought I wasn't going to dress him up and then at the last minute I wanted too. Go figure!

Andrews Family said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog Michelle! About time....geez!! ha ha ha Just kidding! Nixon is adorable in his little pea pod....what a handsome guy! Looks like you guys had a great Halloween!!

Krista said...

That is one of the cutest Halloweens costumes I have ever seen. What a cute little boy! I wish I could have been at Grandma and Grandpa Spears for that chili. I always miss that on Halloween! Anyway keep taking pictures of Nixon in the stroller because you are right...they are adorable!