Friday, November 21, 2008

An Update!


Texas Here We Come!!
Our new adventure begins in a new state.... next week! Where it will be Hot, Humid and Hot, Humid... Did I say it was going to be Hot and Humid??? Well if I didn't it will be Hot and Humid and my hair will grow bigger and more out of control everyday(you gotta love naturally curly hair)! I will however have a tan all year long, that is if I can stand to be outside. Maybe I will just be tan in the winter, less hot. I will have to work out more though, so I can wear shorts... ha ha work out that's funny.
Well the story is, Jon got a great job opportunity in Texas and thus we are packing our bags and in just one week hope to have everything ready to go. I learned a lot by packing up my house, I am a pack rat and have a lot of ... crap lets say! I did however throw a lot away, somethings I might regret later but for now I got rid of a lot and saved some and labeled like crazy ( I want to know whats in these boxes later when I think to myself, "Man I have a lot of ... crap."). I even had a dot system, RED goes to storage, GREEN comes with us. Jon told me last Thursday night that we were moving and the moving truck was coming Wednesday and we were moving Friday of this week. Thus, my life has been very crazy the last week but I am SO SO grateful for friends and family that have helped me with Nixon so that I can pack. Although he has been an angel while I have been packing. I sit him in the swing in the room I am packing and he just watches me and talks and naps. It's adorable! I will post our Thanksgiving day pictures soon of all of Jon's family over at my house packing. We did get dinner later at Grandma Spear's house, it was so good! Jon is driving our truck down with the dogs on Saturday and I am flying down on Saturday to Utah where I will stay with Nixon for a few days until Jon arrives in Texas. We decided 31 hours in the car with two dogs and a 3 1/2 year old baby would not be the adventure we dreamed of.
We are excited, scared, excited and scared but it will be fun and we will be together as a family, and THAT's what is most important. What I have learned from living in Spokane is that the church is world wide and I will find a small family there is Texas that will help us feel welcome and at home.

We will miss you Spokane and all our friends and family there. Please keep in touch everyone, we will miss you!!!

6 comments:

Andrews Family said...

Congratulations on your new opportunity! You guys will be so missed!! Tell John that we are bummed to lose him as a home teacher....he is the BEST!! Have a safe drive and I look forward to keeping in touch via the blogs. :)

Malmstroms said...

Goodness sake, you just keep getting farther away from us! We hope everything goes well for you. We think about you lots!

Malmstroms said...

I am so confused. I just got the message saying you want to read our blog, but I have that you have already accepted your invite to read it. Try the new address and see if it works, if not send me an email and I will send you another invite. I promise we're not shunning you!!! www.nanandaaron.blogspot.com
See if you can get in there.

Sarah said...

Glad to find out you are moving by reading your blog! Can't wait to hear all the details!

Kiersten Allred said...

Where in Texas? My brother and his wife might take a job in Austin right after he finishes law school. That's exciting and rather stressful at the same time! Good luck with everything!

Jandre said...

WHAT THE HECK????? How am I supposed to hug you good bye when I didn't know you were leaving you turkey! How long are you guys going to be there for? I will so miss you. I hope that you don't stay long!!! I know it's so mean, but...what can I say, I'll miss you!