Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Not a Traditional Thanksgiving....

Thanksgiving in Spokane.
Well this year was not a traditional thanksgiving for the Spear family. We had been sleeping at Mark and Karen's because we had packed up our bedrooms at our house... so we woke up bright and early and headed to our house to continue packing. Mark, Karen and Cameron all came over and helped, there is so much to do when you move I had forgotten. I mean you think about all the packing and throwing away and giving away but not the cleaning and organizing and trips to the storage shed and finding things you had long forgotten... it was crazy. Nixon was a little champ though, he sat in his swing and was happy while all of us packed. I even got him to sit in his Bumbo, but he was a little too wobbly so I decided it wasn't safe to leave him in it for very long. Probably now he would love it, lets hope it arrives on the moving truck today.
Saying goodbye to Jon's family... I've gotten so use to having Sunday dinners and activities with Jon's family that I know we will miss them a lot.

Piles and piles of boxes...

Karen was such a big help, she packed up the whole kitchen and more. She was wonder woman, I couldn't have done it without her!

About 3:00 we decided to stop packing and get ready for Thanksgiving. We all went up to Grandma and Grandpa Spear's and had a very quiet Thanksgiving dinner with close family. It was very good and nice to relax for a moment. After Thanksgiving dinner, it started to rain so we called it a day and relaxed with Jon's family for the night.
This is Jon's cousin and her little family. Alex, Jasmine and Norelle.

The day after Thanksgiving the Elder's Quorum in our ward came and helped us haul our stuff into the moving truck. They were fast, I could hardly keep up with them asking me what goes what didn't and all that. I was happy for my dot system and for the help of friends that day. My visiting teacher came over and cleaned my bathrooms... "Thank you Linda for helping you are amazing." She was a trooper and really helped clean the house as it got emptied out. I had other help too from friends and I am so grateful for them, it made my life that day a little easier.


This is our ceiling fan in our Master bedroom, I had to take a picture because it has so many memories. Jon and I put it up together and we JOKE that we almost got divorced over it. What were we thinking when we decided we could be electricians and put it up AND add a remote to it? It makes me smile and laugh to look back on it. Jon was amazing though and it worked the first time we put it all together AND we didn't have extra parts... I don't think.. ha ha!

Our little Mallon house. It snowed the day we moved.. of course. Our last snow for away I think. This house has been so good to us and we loved our neighbors. I can't believe it was only a little over two years ago when Jon called me while I was getting my Remicade treatment and asked if he could buy a house without me looking at it.... surprisingly I said YES. It turned out pretty good I think!

Packing up.. this is Saturday when we went back to our house for the last time and packed the truck with a few items, the dogs, Cameron (who we talked into driving the 31 hours with Jon) and my wonderful husband.
Our house for Rent.

Grammy, Nixon and Pompa. Oh how we will miss you, thank you for all you've done for us and all the good times. Man it was hard to leave them in Spokane... we love you guys!

Next stop UTAH. Nixon and I flew to Utah while Jon was driving down to Texas. It was nice after all that packing and stress to come to my mom's and take a nap and visit with family!!!
Nixon, Chloe and Mac

Nana loved holding Nixon and spending time with him... and me??? Maybe!!

My mom held Thanksgiving for me on Sunday. We had it in her new little house. It was just like I had hoped and dreamed... YUM!

Nixon is such a good baby, how I got so lucky I will never know. He is always so happy and sleeps like an angel. I must have done something right.... or I am just lucky!

Cousins!!

Little Macadoodle with a hat I made... the ear flaps are adorable huh. I decided Nixon won't really need that in Houston... but Mac will in that cold Utah winter.

1 comment:

Madsen Family said...

Michelle....I am glad the move went all right. It is so hard to move. And Nixon is getting so big and SOOOOO cute. I am sad I won't get to see him in January when I come...boo, hoo. I am dying to hear how life in Texas is so far. Perhaps I should just call:)