Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Good Bye Old Friend... Thanks For The Many Memories!

This is a hard post for me... Jon traded in the Jimmy and bought a new truck. He was in need a new work car, since Nixon and I have taken over the Ford. Let's be serious now, it's not easy keeping a car clean when you have a kid in the back and you will give him anything to stop crying sometimes, even if that means that there is crumbs all over:)
We have had so many great memories with the Jimmy and it was so fun to drive and cruize around in the summer with the top off. Nixon LOVED the Jimmy and never wanted to go in the Ford, he wanted to ride in the Jimmy.
To keep Nixon happy we would at least go outside once a day and play in the Jimmy. He would get in and then look at me and say "Keys?" I would have to go and get the keys because he was not happy unless he had them...and I couldn't fool him with the play keys or the wrong keys. Nixon KNEW which keys went to the Jimmy.
Jon and I decided it was time to become adults and buy a car with real seat belts and at least a seat for more than two people. I mean we do have another on the way and I don't think it's legal to strap a baby to the roll bar????
Nixon will miss the Jimmy the most!
He we are riding for the last time in the Jimmy. When you started the car Nixon would say "Vroom Vroom...."
Driving the car!!

Our little family. Good bye old friend!!

Here is the NEW truck. It is super nice and Jon loves it!! BUT it is a WORK truck, so you can guess that Nixon and I aren't really aload to ride in it.... so it will stay clean...from crumbs at least.

No comments: