Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mother's Day!!

I realized that I am a HUGE slacker and have been a blogger failure but I promise we are all still here and happy and crazy busy. I will post more recent pictures soon. I am realizing that I uploaded these photos back on May 27th and then never posted them...so here is some updates but more to follow:

I came back from Utah on the Saturday before Mother's day and Jon had made me a flower bouquet out of card-stock. How adorable is that?

He told me my present ate up the money for the flowers too.... these were better anyway, they lasted WAY longer than a week!!

Not such a good picture of me... I had JUST gotten home from the airport and look a little hung over.

Jon did a treasure hunt for me to find my Mother's Day gift. It was really well done and a lot of fun. Here are the clues I was given:

#1 To my beautiful wife on Mother's Day
Word can't describe the things I want to say
So I've made up this hunt to show you the way
You're first clue is under the table where Nixon plays.

#2 Hopefully this treasure hunt will put you in a good mood
to find your next clue look under the dog food.

#3 Far and away, you're the world's best spouse
Your next clue is in the bird house.

#4 Being away from you was awfully rough
Look for this clue in the drawer with the "stuff."
(aka, my junk drawer! You know you have one too:)

#5 On this day for Mothers, you'll get plenty of slack
To find this next clue look under Nixon's favorite snack.
(Nixon LOVES to eat yogurt!! He asked for it at least twice a day)

#6 Look high, look low, look near, look far,
Look for your clue in the movie case CARS.

#7 You came home with some beautiful locks,
You'll find this clue inside the glove box.

#8 In this house, you're Queen of the court
You'll find your present next to the book of my favorite sport!

The best part is, I had NO IDEA what it was when I found it. It was a black cube, too big to be an ipod, too big to be a game thing....

Jon just laughed at me, he had taken it out of the box... to confuse me, it worked. It was an external hard drive for my computer, I am always trying to tell him I need too back up my pictures!! I was SO excited!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wow! Definite points for Jon!!! I am extremely impressed!!!