Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Brett Dennen Concert


Jon, Cam and I went to 'The Knitting Factory' downtown Spokane last Monday night. It is a club that a lot of bands come and perform at. We went to watch Brett Dennen, a great singer we all like. It was so nice to get out for a night without the stinker, Nixon.

The opening band, Angue & Julia Stone. It is a sister and brother from Australia. At first I wasn't so sure, but by the end I really liked them. The sister was super talented and played the guitar, trumpet, piano and hermonica.
They are super "hippy" which was kinda fun. She wore no shoes and a long dress that she danced with during the songs. She kinda reminded me of my mom when she was 16, or least the pictures I've seen of her.
Brett Dennen is a folk singer with a little rocker... if you heard him you' d love him. I even got my mom to like him.
He is a bit "hippy" too and sang without shoes also. While incense burned on stage.

We were up on a balcony listening.

Jon and I did go down to the "pit" to listen for a few songs. It wasn't totally packed but there were a lot of people. It was actually the perfect concert.




The red wild hair reminds me of my step dad Wally in his youth...


A little video too.

No comments: