Sunday, August 21, 2011

March Update


In March we had lots of family visit!! It was a crazy month but a lot of fun!!
First Grandpa and Grandma came up and stayed for the weekend.


Nixon was shy at first which was weird but he came around and LOVED playing cars with Grandpa.

Sadie was cute as usually but very needy...I thought she was catching something.


My cute girl and me...oh dear I can't believe I am posting this picture!


Sadie is learning to love the bumbo...I love being able to have her sit at the table with us and not cry at my feet or have to hold her. This is the little piggy hat that matches Nixon's big bad wolf hat!




Now that I look back on these pic's I can see my poor babies eyes looking a little sick. Little did we know that by Monday she would be going to the doctor.
Poor little thing.
On Monday we went into the doctor because Nixon had a terrible cough and he sounded bad. We had Sadie checked out too and we found out Nixon AND Sadie had RSV and Nixon had a eye infection.
So they don't do anything for Nixon for his RSV but he did get an antibiotic for his eye which we had to FORCE down him. But Sadie went on the nebulizer and we had to do it four times a day for 15 minutes. Not the easiest thing to do for a five month old.




Nixon of course found ways to enjoy being sick, dressing up and watching his favorite movies.

We had to find ways to do the treatments. Watching Baby Einstein seemed to work the best but we switched between the mouth piece and the mask to mix it up each day. We did the treatments for 10 days and luckily we never had to go to the hospital.

This is poor Nixon all sick...he looks just like he felt I think, my poor kids were miserable for a few days.
This was Nixon's medicine he had to take, poor thing is only 2 and he has to take a bunch of med's. It seemed to make him pretty loopy.
After a few days Nixon was feeling so much better, but Sadie was not allowed out of the house or around other kids for a week. So Papa stayed home on St. Patrick's day and we went up to Grandma Spear's house to celebrate. Nana had flown into town, she was a life saver through the sicknesses too.
Here are the bag pipers playing just for us.




Nixon loved it and thought they were there just for him.
Nana and Nixon enjoying the celebration.

Oh look I was there too, sometimes I forget to take a pic of me..haha

Nixon got a much needed haircut while Nana was there.


I figured out a way to cut Nixon's hair without screaming.
Step 1: Put on a movie
Step 2: Put a towel in his mouth so he doesn't get hair in it:)
Step 3: Offer him a BIG sucker when he is done!

Sadie swingin' poor thing is still sick here.



Go Bulldogs!!
We all got matching Gonzaga shirts!!


Nixon crying over something...I can't remember! But it's still cute!


I got this out for Sadie and Nixon was thrilled, he thought it was just for him!! He did finally let Sadie sit in it for a few seconds!

Sadie getting her turn...she loved it!!






Nana came to visit later in March and we loved having her visit.
Here is Papa and Nixon.


Nana and her two snipes!!


Katie and Sadie!! Katie loves to hold Sadie!!

Nixon loves to play in the backyard at Grammy and Pompa's house. We celebrated Jon's birthday the Sunday before with his family!! Jon turned the BIG 30 this year!!




Lots of jumping on the tramp....Nixon is getting better at it!! He is still afraid to jump with anyone else except me or Jon.












Slams in slow motions!




Nixon helping Jon blow the candles out...a little spit never hurt anyone right???

Shakes are a tradition at Grammy's house on Sundays!!



For Jon's Birthday, we let him sleep in and then greeted him with breakfast in bed. This is a tradition in my family, which I always enjoyed and so I am keeping it alive. Nixon thought it was pretty fun to eat eggs in bed too!!

Present Time!!




If you know my mom this shirt won't surprise you at all!!

Thanks Nana!!




Decorations and new Jeans!! Happy Birthday Papa!! We love you!!


No comments: