Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Spear Family Fun

Well the Spear Family came to town and there was lots of activities.
I feel however that the most important activity was eating... whenever one meal was over the other one was being planned and prepared. I swear I gained 10 pounds in the last week. Although I can't complain because lets face it, eating is my favorite.
This is a picture of Nixon in the bouncy seat... which he LOVES and therefore I LOVE! I can put it in the kitchen or laundry room or where ever and he can sit and watch me and is happy as can be, then he usually falls asleep. It's lovely!Nixon is so cute, he sometimes has a hint of a smile on his face!

He gets this worried look, and his forehead gets all wrinkled, I LOVE it. I tried to capture it here.

Daddy and Nixon chillin' while mom relaxes!

I can't get enough of this boy!

OK, ok onto the Spear activities, although I could post pictures of Nixon all day long. I have already taken about 300 pictures of him....
I couldn't participate in ALL the Spear activities so I don't have any of the Lake trip or the bike ride trip but I will post some later of Jon on these adventures after I steal them from Jon's siblings!
SO, on Saturday we had a family Olympics in the backyard. We even made metals... which are my favorite!

Jon's aunt and uncle came up to visit from Price too this weekend, so they were the spectators at the Olympics! This is Jim and Marsha!

Thus this is how our Olympics went!!

We had the shot put and discus...

We had all the kids represent countries and made them signs, how cute!! This is Katie(Canada) and Kathleen(Australia)!

Jon marked off the spots for the shoot put and discus.

Then there was a water balloon toss. Which everyone participate!

Although this picture doesn't show it, Karen really caught the water balloon that Mark threw. But it broke so they lost!!

Then we did a long jump contest!

Then we had tug-a-war!

Pull, Pull......

Alas, they could pull no more and they lost!

I don't know what to call this game, but the older boys sure had fun. It was almost as if they were practicing for gladiators.

The metal ceremony.... they all got gold!

Nixon is too big for most of his clothes. We decided collars are not the way to go right now when they go up to his ears! Poor kid. Although his knitted booties fit great and they are super cute!

Uncle Josh holding Nixon

Saturday night we played Rock Band as a family too.

It's super fun, everyone is better than me but heck I just am glad when I don't get "booed" off stage!

After lots of family fun there is a need for nap time! Well at least Jon is getting a nap!!

My sister Katie and my niece Bella came up to visit this weekend also. Bella was very excited to meet her new cousin and she was a great babysitter!

After having three girls of her own, Katie learned how to change a baby boys diaper. She did good, she didn't even get peed on!

Our friends came up from college to visit their families and to meet Nixon also. This is Hillary.

And Cameron Lovinger.

Sunday dinner was crazy, we had 22 people ALL family of course!! Jon thought it looked crazy when I was filling the glasses!

Then we had more Spear Family Fun by taking family pictures up at Manito Park.

First family shots!!



Katie helped us take some pictures.

Nixon was done taking pictures, it got a little cold so we bundled him up and put him in the stroller. He was much happier!

After pictures we went and played woofal ball in the backyard.

Everyone always wants Jon on their team!! Although he always loses at least one ball over the fence.

Baby Will!!

Monday night we had family night together and had a little show in the backyard. This is 'Jenks' a guy that is in our stake and puts on a fun show with lots of songs for kids. Very entertaining, he did a great job!

The kids had fun dancing!

And of course there was juggling with fire!!

All in all we had an eventful weekend with lots of Spear Family Fun. We had so much being all together and meeting Will for the first time and lots of meeting Nixon too. Thanks Spear family for such a fun time!!

6 comments:

Lisa Farman said...

Looks like you have been having a great time. I love your first family photo. You look like one happy family. Nixon just keeps getting more and more handsome!

John and Jada McFarlane said...

Wow you guys have been busy. I need to get in contact with whoever was in charge of the Olympic activities. Sarah and I are in charge of the next Howard Family Reunion (in 4 years) and we wanted to do the Olympic theme. The pictures look great. Oh and I love the picture of Spear napping and Nixon wide awake. So funny. Your little guy is so cute. We can't wait to see more of him (and you guys too) when we come at the end of September!

Kimba said...

First, Nixon is so adorable! Second, Michelle. You look fabulous, are you sure you just had a baby?!

Love the "olympics". So fun!

The Pyper Fam said...

Hi Michelle! I heard that you had some cute pictures up and had to check them out! I am still amazed at how much was crammed into such a short amount of time! :) I am wondering if you would e-mail me those pictures of your family from Manito Park. That one of your whole family and then ones of you and Jon and Nixon. I would love to crop and 'fix up' some of them for you guys. I would like to order some prints for Karen of each of the families. If you could e-mail them to tarakarae@yahoo.com, I will work on them and then get them back to you! (also could you send me that one of Will in his blue jammies on the blanket in the grass! That one is so cute. Also send me any other cute picture you have that you would like me to 'fix up', and I would love to do it!)
Thanks alot!
Taraka

Brook said...

Michelle,
Your child is soo cute!! Our family is living in Washington now too and we love it! I found your blog from Sarah's and it was fun to catch up on your cute family! Take care!
-Brook Gibbons Black

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

Thanks for letting me hold you're cute baby. He looks just like his mom!

ps. i'm jessy's friend if you don't remember