Thursday, January 08, 2009

2009 Beginnings!

Well the new year has begun and we have already had a lot of fun!!
I started giving Nixon a little rub down at night to calm him down before bed and he LOVES it. He loves to be naked and roll around on the blanket and talk to me and daddy. He is getting chunky and I love it. His little tummy and legs have rolls and I just want to kiss them every time he is naked!
Telling Daddy-o what happened today.... a lot of very important things I am sure.

Nixon loves this little jack toy. It swishes a little and it is just right for him to hold, eat, throw and hit himself with of course.

NEW YEAR'S EVE!!!
Well for New Year's Jon's friend Johnny Mac came into town. So we had a big party... oh wait, we didn't! But we did watch football that we had recorded and ate lots of good treats. I made fruit pizza for the first time, a Spear family tradition. It turned out pretty good and cute!

Then we had cheese dip and little hot dogs! YUM!!! I am realizing I put a lot of pictures of food on this blog, SO ME!! HA HA!!

Last weekend my Dad and Step mom came down to visit. They decided to bring us our Christmas presents instead of mailing them (it has nothing to do with the fact they forgot to mail them). It was so fun to have them.
On Saturday we went to BODY WORLD. Ok, I thought it was going to be totally creepy but it wasn't. Half the time I didn't think the skeletons were real. BUT it was awesome! Seeing the muscle and the skin and the intestines! We really thought it was neat and very interesting.

Then we went down to the Kemah Boardwalk, which is about an hour from our house. It was a little resort town. As we drove up and parked we saw this roller coaster and thought "No way is that running right now." Oh we were wrong, as we saw a load of people on the roller coaster going down the wooden planks. Man I wouldn't have ridden it BEFORE the hurricane, let along AFTER the hurricane.


A great carousel, Nixon will love later I am sure.

Right on the boardwalk.

Grandpa and Grandma Pickett and Nixon.

Enjoying the beautiful weather.

While waiting for dinner we walked around and found some games to play. I totally pressured Jon into playing this one, mainly because of the pictures. He said he would do it, if I did it too.

I used the little hammer for kids and it was even freakin' heavy.
All for the pictures????????

My precious boy, he is getting so big and cute!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Hi Jon and Michelle! It was fun to read your Christmas letter. Looks like you are having some fun down south. Hope you are doing well.

Andrews Family said...

Hey Michelle!! Super cute pics....as always. Hey, when you get a minute (which is usually never in mommy time) would you send me your recipe for the fruit pizza?? That looks absolutely delicious. :) Tell that home teacher of ours we miss him, and we haven't had a home teacher since you guys left. :( Nixon sure is adorable! Love the rolls!!

The Moon's said...

fun, fun, fun! Nixon is going to be a charmer when he grows up! Hey you should post your recipe for that fruit pizza. It looks delicious!