Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow filled Weekend in Utah!


Jon, Nixon and I went to Utah last weekend. Jon's cousin from North Carolina was in town and we hadn't seen him since our wedding so we caught a plane... not too easily because we flew stand by but we finally made it on Saturday. I of course totally forgot to take pictures of visiting with Bill, Marsha and Jim... I am a space case sometimes as you know. It was so fun to see them though and we met Jim's daughter who was super nice too!! Thanks guys for letting us crash your family time!!

First thing was first... Nixon needed a haircut!! Nana was so kind to cut it just a little off the top!! This is Nixon's 2nd official haircut!

I think my sister's kids were more excited to see Uncle Jon than me or Nixon. They just wanted to play with him on his computer. Bella showed him how she can read and they played 'Where's Waldo', it was so cute!

Aunt Katie and my chunky monkey!

I had knitted these hats long ago and we had forgotten to take family pictures in them. They are all knitted in the same three colors but different orders.

This is in my mom's backyard.

Cute family photos in the snow.

Rosy cheeks!

This one is my favorite!

We were trying to decide who Nixon looks more like. I think he looks like Jon.. he's got his round face and lips and ears.

But he has my nose and big blue eyes! I think he is a pretty good mix!

Nana got Nixon these super cute pants with bear paws on them. They were nice and warm for that Utah snow.

Bella got her ears pierced while I was there. She has been asking Katie for awhile now and finally she kept her room clean for two weeks straight so she got them done.

She was so brave... I was proud of her!

After the shock... she was excited!!

Nixon loved just being with Nana by the fire and talking.

And laughing...

On thursday we went to this place downtown Salt Lake called Gardner Village. Nixon had to be bundled up because it was a wet day and cold.
At lunch.

The ducks!! They were definitely not afraid of us!

Feeding the ducks!

Katie and I wanted to see if the ducks would eat out of our hands but we were afraid. Nana of course did it right away....

So I had to do it too.... it was fun!

Walking around the shops... my favorite shop was the fudge store... yum!

Cousins....Mac and Nixon. You would never know it but Nixon is younger than Mac by a month. However, Nixon is a big bigger than Macadoodle. They loved watching each other at breakfast.

Slapping hands is Nixon's new thing. His hands are so chubby and cute!

I went in to find Nixon napping like this at Nana's... It looked so cute I had to take a picture!

Thanks everyone for entertaining us and sorry we didn't get to see everyone. Next time... as I always say!

2 comments:

Ryan and Angela said...

Your hair is getting so long. I love the pics of you, Nixon, and Jon. So cute.

Kimba said...

Hey Michelle! He is getting so big and is so adorable! I can't believe he's 6 mths already! Looks like you guys had fun, and that's my uncle's shop that your niece had her ears pierced at. In fact, that's my uncle! :)