Monday, January 12, 2009

Reflecting back on 2008

I reflect back on the year 2008 and I can't believe it's over really. Some of the hightlights I would like to remember are:
*Being Pregnant... I didn't think it was all that bad. I felt great and feeling Nixon kicking and having the hiccups at least twice a day was fun!
*William Madsen was born!
*Remodeling our bathroom downstairs, Jon letting me paint it yellow.
*Lots of fun baby showers
*LOTS of trips to Utah to visit family.
*Camping with Jon and the dogs with our ward/stake. It rained a couple of times on us. But there was flushing toilets, this I remember!
*Driving down with the dogs to Island Park to my families cabin for a week. Having a lot of fun on the river with family and friends. Then traveling back threw Rexburg Idaho to see Kory and Mel and Cameron and Hillary. Then on to Boise to see Jon's brother's family. This was a HUGE road trip but it was a lot of fun. I remember Jon and I talking in weird accents about all the streets signs and construction we had to go through. Then I remember almost running out of gas and Jon not telling me how low we really were until we saw a gas station.
*Mac Pickett was born!
*Jon and I had our 3 year anniversary and ate steak up at the Wolf Lodge.
*Nixon of course was born and we can't imagine life without him.
*The Olympics were in China.
*The Spear Family Reunion -- including the Spear Family Olympics and juggling show.
*Jon and Trevor got a crazy idea and took off 3 weeks after Nixon was born to go chase hurricanes in Louisiana and Texas.
*Snowbird vacation!!
*Texas "vacation" right after the hurricane... not such a good idea.
*Moving to Texas and saying good bye to Spokane Washington for awhile.

I think that sums up a bit of 2008 for me. Wow what a ride it was. I am hoping for a bit of calm this year.


No comments: