Monday, September 20, 2010

Utah Trip in June!!



As Jon and I got ready to head to Utah back in June I swear every time I turned around Nixon was getting hurt. He hit is head on a drawer as I was packing, was playing with Darby and got scratched and then hit his lip in the airport. By the time we sat down on the airplane it looked like he had been beat pretty bad, poor kid. This is a pic of his beat up face!!

We found out what sex the baby was a few days before our trip and decided to not tell anyone in Utah until we got there. So I made a little t-shirt that told the Utah clan our good news!!
IT'S A GIRL!!!!

He looked adorable of course!!
Nana saw him first and she was so excited to see his shirt and find out our news. We later went and met Katie for dinner and she didn't even notice until we had been together for a few minutes...funny!
As soon as we get to Nana's Nixon finds the bucket that Wally has for him full of rocks and begins to throw them down the river.

The bucket never lasts very long.

Jumping with Hailey... they are getting along...FINALLY!!

The whole reason we went down to Utah was for Bella's baptism.. I can't believe she is already 8 years old. She is getting so big! Jon was able to come and baptize her and it was super special!!

For the weekend we went down to Price and Elmo and visited Jon's aunt, uncle and grandma. While we were there we were able to even see his cousin that lives on the East coast Bill and his family.
In Elmo Jim and Marsha live in the farm county so Nixon was pretty much in heaven.
We went and saw the baby cows, one had a broken leg and was kinda sad.

Excited little boy pointing at all the animals he sees!!

Then we headed to the horses!!

Nixon would say "come here horse, come here"

Not afraid at all, of course!

Nixon loved all the big toys.

Against my better judgment, Jon took Nixon on a ride.

Hold on tight.....
I wish I had a picture of the BIG smile he had on his face when he got back from a ride with Jon.

It was such a hot day down there, Nixon was sweating and had such a red face but wouldn't ever come inside to cool off. He had to be out front playing with the car, which had a broken wheel but didn't seem to bother Nixon at all.
In one door he'd go..
Then out the other door,

walk around and start over.

More toys to play on.. Jim's BIG tractor!!

First time being with a tractor up close, it was a BIG hit!!

Sitting in Jim's old cars and "driving"

How cute is that face???

Eating a lot of Popsicle s....to help with the heat!!

Bill, Jon, Jim and Marsha out on the front porch enjoying each others company. I always love going to Price and Elmo because we eat so well and eat too much and we have a lot of fun!! It was so fun to visit and see everyone! Jon only stayed for a few days and then he headed home to work and I got to stay in Utah for awhile longer.
Mac just chillin' watching TV.

My brother Tim told Nixon not to feed the dogs... but Nixon took that as to feed the dogs and laugh every time he did it.

And of course Wally is the guy to go to when you want a Popsicle, Nixon would have one for breakfast but luckily Wally is already off to work so I always say "When Wally gets home" and as soon as he see's him Nixon says "Wally Home Popsicle"

Nixon also just likes to hang out with Wally in the backyard....doing BOY things!!

We went up to my Aunt Lisa's pool and Nixon wouldn't get in. He liked to watch everyone else.

We slowly convinced him to get in so he could make a basket with the ball.

Nixon in the pool with Aunt Katie... YEAH! Too bad he wouldn't stay in any longer!

Lilly, Izabelle and Hailey

Lilly is ready to dive for the cars and toys that Nixon throws in!

Yeah! Group shot of the gang at the pool!!


Me and Nixon!

More Popsicle...man Utah much be REALLY hot:)

I always said I would never let my kid run around in a white onesies all the time...HA!! I can't catch him to put anything more than that on, I am lucky he isn't naked in all my pictures!!

Having tea parties in the back yard is always a hit!

Nixon is the entertainment for the tea party!

We took Nixon to the Zoo and he LOVED it!! I think this was the first time he actually got the idea of all the animals there to see just him:) He had to stop and see the water at the entrance. Little did I know at the time I could have just done that and saved my money...just kidding!

The lion drinking fountain.

Gotta get a pic of that every time... it's always a hit!

Nixon sat and watched the turkey's for about 10 minutes. I had to convince him to leave to see more. It was the first animal we saw and he was in heaven.

The monkey cage is always a fun one. They were nice and active too!

The girls by the Elephant that sprays water.

Nixon and Mac hugging... at least I think that's what they were doing.

Baby Elephant!!

Nixon and Izabelle!

Nixon loved the Elephants!

The BIG TALL Giraffe!!

See I was there too, I always forget to take pictures of myself.

Mac, Casey and Chloe on the carousel .

Mac, riding the hippo.

Chloe, cute as ever!

And Nixon!

More cute shots of Nixon being so captured by the animals. Too bad there isn't a zoo closer to Spokane.

Later in the week there was a Bountiful Car Parade on Main Street. We walked down in the rain to watch the car's, it was a lot of fun! Nana and Nixon waiting for the parade to start.

Nixon and Wally.

Watching all the cars!!

I think this one looks like Mater from Cars...hee hee!

Me, Nixon and Wally!

We started to walk away from the parade and then they turned around and did another lap.


The Car Parade!!


Nixon liked sitting in this random car on the sidewalk. It actually worked out nicely because it was right by the pie stand:)

We were already so wet so I let Nixon jump in all the puddles on the way home.

I love how he holds my hand and we take walks!!


We stopped by the fabric store of course and there is this brick wall that is awesome for pictures. Here is a few of Nixon, although I gave him a sucker before the pictures which was a bad idea.



He is not letting that sucker go!

Playing baseball, Nixon's favorite!

Swing, Hit, Run, Slide!!!


Nana was able to walk to the gate with us at the airport as we were leaving. It actually made it super nice for me because it was just the two of us.

Bye Nana we love you, and will see you soon! Thanks for the fun trip!

Running in the airport!

Nixon is always really good on the plane, I think he is just so use to it now actually. He even knows he gets juice and a treat so he likes to watch for the cart to come by.

While we were in Price Jon taught Nixon how to "slam" the teddy bear. He called the teddy bear "Will" because Jon's sister Jessy is coming to visit and has a son named Will. We sent her this video and told her to get ready for some slamming!

No comments: