Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Camping over Labor Day!!


My boy Nixon camping!
He loves his camping chair!
We went camping with Emily and a couple of her friends families. She totally let us crash in on her fun but we are glad cause we had a lot of fun too.

Nixon and Jon, my two big boys!

Me and Nixon... I must say I am a trooper for camping while 8 months pregnant right???

A picture of the dock from the cabin

The view was gorgeous!

Right in a little bay, it was perfect!

The cabin, wasn't huge but heck it made it nice. I mean camping with a kitchen, a bathroom and a shower.... this is what I like to call camping my style!

The camp grounds around the cabin.

Nixon wanted his picture taken by the trees!

Enjoying the evening in the woods!

Our tent, we were kinda far away but it worked nice for naps and for sleeping. Although the first morning we hear these falling 'rocks' from around the tent. Jon and I think it's Kirt trying to get our attention so they can go out early on the boat, we kept poking our heads out of the tent but we couldn't see anyone. We were so confused, finally we made too much noise and woke Nixon up. When we went out of the tent we learned it was squirrels jumping from tree to tree and making the pine cones fall. Dang squirrels!!

We went out on the canoe's. They were a little tipsy and made me nervous...

Me and Nixon...

Nixon on the beach

We went on this really cool hike put to the sliding rocks at Lion Head. It started to rain as soon as we started walking. We quickly put the hood over Nixon's back pack.

Nixon is ready for the rain!!

Although he thought it was a game to poke his head in and out.

It was a really pretty hike.

Don't worry I rested a lot and took it easy all the way up.

I thought Nixon would hate the pack but he did awesome, and it made it a lot easier to hike up there.


There was little rivers to cross and rocks, it wasn't easy that is for sure.

Then we got into the dirt and mud that was now wet. There was some cool trees all fallen and growing all weird.


When we made it to the top the kids were already sliding down. You put a garbage sack on and went down the rocks that we just flat as can be.

Nixon was very confused about the whole idea of it all.

Mind you it was all water from melted snow and ice so NOT warm water by any means.

Jon waving to Nixon on the way down.

It was pretty amazing.

The boys by a waterfall.

Lion's Head Rock...can you see the lion???

Morning time around the fire.

Nixon playing with the girls!
The dirt is where Nixon liked it best.


I couldn't keep him in clean clothes, even his pajamas got dirty the moment he got up.

Throwing rocks into the lake.

I like this picture, the coloring is really cool!

We went up and saw the sunkin' ship at the park. The lady said if I got out of my car it would cost us $5 dollars but I could just drive to the beach and take a picture for free.... I thought that was funny!!


Our family shot by the lake, yeah for camping

Nixon on the beach

No comments: