Saturday, October 11, 2008

My Birthday and Nixon is TWO MONTHS!

Nixon turned TWO MONTHS today!

Wow time flies... but yet it doesn't in so many ways too. I look back at the last two months and think "Holy Crap a lot has happened." My life has turned upside down a few times. After Nixon was born two weeks later Jon's whole family came to town for a week and that was packed full of events. I was recovering from a c-section and that in alone was an experience. Thank goodness for pain killers! Nixon got circumcised at two weeks and that was so traumatic for me more than it was for Nixon I think. In Washington they wait two weeks and it was like my whole life led up to that moment, I was sick to my stomach. Luckily, Nixon was a champ and didn't cry too much and with some Tylenol he was back to being a happy baby. I don't know why but it was so scary in my mind, I do remember that day VERY well. Then Jon left and went to Louisiana for a week and a half. My mom came to visit me and I flew down to Utah with her. Then Jon met me in Salt Lake and we had a few days with my family meeting my new nephew Mac and all that and then we went to Texas for a couple weeks. Texas was a crazy time and I am just glad we made it through it! THEN Nixon and I made our way back to Spokane where we are learning to get a routine, but as soon as I think we have one Nixon decides to change his mind! A couple of days ago Nixon got a yeast infection and that was crazy. I only thought girls could get them but I was mistaken. It was so sad but it is doing better now, I caught it early.
So these last two months HAVE been crazy and a roller coaster ride. I would like to get off of this roller coaster sometime soon..... but I have a feeling it's only the beginning of many more roller coasters~
I decided Nixon needed to be festive for his two months shoots today!

I love this boy! Happy Halloween!
My birthday was Friday and it started off with a kick. Nixon woke up every hour the night before to make sure I remembered it was my birthday. He must have had a tummy ache but after I put his binki back in every time he fell back asleep. He has been really sleeping a good 8 hours every night and I was getting so use to it. Then BAM no sleep for me! Happy Birthday Mom what a gift he gave me:) Then I made myself waffles for breakfast and they tasted nasty... what a good start! I have to say I do look back on it and laugh though!
I did get a lot of calls from family and friends and that was nice! Later in the day I went with Holly and her family to Green bluff where it was FREEZING cold. The wind was blowing and man was I chilly. I just bundled Nixon up and tried to keep him wrapped up in the stroller.
It sure was beautiful though. I got to eat a pumpkin donut and go through the corn maze! We could have picked pumpkins if we wanted to but the Spear clan does a huge pumpkin carving party and I need to save my skills (which are limited) to that night!

Here we are waiting for the little train ride!

The little train that went around the farm. I stayed behind to watch the babies since it was chilly and really... they won't remember that they didn't go!

Getting lost in the corn maze!

Me and Lisa, Holly's sister!

For my birthday Karen watched Nixon while Holly and I went out to dinner. We went to this place in Post Falls, Idaho called 'The White House Grill.' I had never been there but it was DELICIOUS! They do love garlic however but if you do too you should go there I loved it! It was nice to get out too without Nixon for a little bit. Although I missed him the whole time! So although my birthday started out not so good it ended on a good note!

The birthday girl and her crazy boy!

Karen got me a pumpkin pie. Jon hates it and I love it, so why not have one ALL to myself. I even ate it for breakfast this morning. YUMMY!

My mom sent me these beautiful flowers! I love the little vase pitcher they came in:)

Then I got to open a package from my mom on my birthday and she got me this feakin' cute apron. Now I don't have to wear my Christmas one all the time!

And a new cookie jar. I always would forget I still had HOMEMADE cookies in the cookie jar because I couldn't see them. Now they can be seen AND we can eat them ALL!

Jon asked me what he could do to make it up to me that he wasn't here for my birthday. I told him he could take me to Paris. Heck I might as well shoot big right?

6 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

Hey Michelle! Nixon is so cute!! You look so great for just having a baby :) Next time you are in Utah, we should get together if you have time. It would be fun to see you and your little guy :)

Kiersten Allred said...

Michelley!!! He's such a cutie pie! Happy belated Birthday by the way! Good luck on Paris :) I would have shot big too.

Kimba said...

Happy (late) Birthday Michelle! I can't believe it's been two months since Nixon was born! Time FLIES. He is so adorable, and you look fabulous!

Brook said...

Your little Nixon is soo cute! He just got me all excited for Halloween! Happy Birthday too!

Lisa Farman said...

I'm glad you had a good day. Nixon looked so cute in his Halloween outfit. I love the presents you got, so cute!

Abby said...

Happy Late Birthday Missy!!!!! Do people still call you that? Anyway, I did think about you that day! Looks like you've got some great friends there keeping you company while your hubby is away. Not to mention that cute little baby of yours!