Friday, October 17, 2008

Nixon's Two Month Appointment

Doctor's Visit!
Well we went to the doctor on Wednesday and got Nixon's shots and all that fun stuff. He was so good and smiled at the doctor, who wears glasses so he probably thinks its ok because I wear them too.
Weight= 11.1 ( 25% )
Height = 24 inches (50%)
Head Circumference = 48 cm (75%-90%)
He got an oral vaccine called Rotavirus which is a live vaccine. Well while waiting for the nurse I read up on it on the little paper they give you and it said that if you were immune-suppressed that you should be avoided for 3 weeks from this individual. Well that isn't good news for me. I am immune-suppressed so I talked to the doctor and because it is live I have to wear a mask and gloves EVERYTIME I change Nixon's diaper for 2 weeks. Now I am not posting this to say "Poor Me" I just wanted people to know because after talking to a few friends they didn't realize it was live and the effect it can have on immune-suppressed people. And heck I can do anything for two weeks and who wants the diarrhea and vomiting it can cause for Nixon or me for that matter!



1 comment:

Jandre said...

yeah, Lemme just tell you, Logan got Rotavirus as in the actual sickness. That was NOT fun. The puking lasts for 2-3 days and the diahrrea lasts for like a week or more. NOT fun!!! YOu don't want it. Forrest got it after Logan had it, he wanted to die.